before
after

There are five principles of creating infographics (Multimedia Learning Theory), which are:

Multimedia principle

The two infographics on the subject of meditation contain numerous data, a small amount of text, but no relevant pictures. I think I am in line with the Multimedia principle. I combine data and text. Because I want to reflect the importance of data, I didn’t add pictures when I created it for the second time.

Signalling principle

When I did the first infographic, I did not follow the signalling principle very well. The text did not guide the data, which made readers confused about the data. So I pay special attention to this when improving, enriching my data title, making it easier for readers to understand the meaning of the data.

Spatial and temporal contiguity principle

I think I followed this principle very well at the very beginning, and it will continue in my subsequent infographic creations. My data is adjacent to the text, and there are dividing lines to distinguish different groups of data, which will not confuse the reader.

Coherence principle

I think I didn’t follow this principle in my first infographic, but in the second picture I tried follow it. I think the principle of coherence requires that the data, text and themes are closely connected, and different data groups should also be coherent. The first infographic only contains two sets of data, but the last set of data does not indicate what it means, and the subsequent infographic avoid this situation happened.

Self-explanation principle

When I made the second infographic, I followed the principle of self-explanation, allowing readers to understand each set of data, and make readers think.

I added the bibliography to the second infographic, which increases the informational honesty. This is also one of the essential elements for making an effective infographic.